This page is mostly a placeholder at the current point in time.
What Is It?
CommandBot is a little embeddable Jabber/XMPP bot which I originally created to embed inside SnipSnap.
After a bit of work I managed to tidy it into a form which has no SnipSnap-specific functionality, and thus can be embedded into other people's servers.
What Can It Do?
Summary of features to date:
- 100% platform-independent Java (that is to say, if any platform dependencies exist they will be treated as bugs);
- Mostly XMPP compliant:
- Supports SRV lookups for the xmpp-client service;
- Supports both StartTLS and older-style SSL encryption;
- Supports both SASL and older-style authentication;
- Implements a simple application layer on top of JSO: